Saturday, January 17, 2009

Today's hunts

Hello guys, I'm going to bowling with couple of my friends soon so I thought I would make a quick post of my hunts of the day. I logged on, went to FVB, nothing particular, just made .50% and then I went to TOI 4f. When I found my second Medusa, I get a drop that some of our Mages will eventually need (Check the screenshot below :P) I didn't get any % cause Hack called Giant Worm up o.o So yeah, Kinshi, myself and Syler came to Hack, buffed up and pwned that ugly worm o_o It's gey because Kinshi died in the last seconds before it ended =/ we didn't get anything good, just 34k adena, 2 nzels and 1 relic of eva. I get back to FVB and in 2 minutes I made my drop of the day, yep a bzel from an egg :P I also ran into Ifrit in the same hunt, just an nzel and some other junks lol. Well that's about it for today, I haven't played much but I had fun :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah,

I used to have that same problem with worm back when I was around level 49. Seems he would kill me right as he ended. I found the reason was because he typically does two strong AoE attacks in a row, right before he dies. If you are unprepared it can end you before you know what has happened.

There are two methods I have begun to use since then. First I always use two earth rings o.o yes earth rings! If you check out the Giant Worm on Gametsg you will see the icon for his AoE attack looks like that of the Earthquake spell. This led me to believe that his AoE power is earth based. Since I have started using earth rings on the Worm I haven't had any deaths.

The other suggestion, for those with lower HP, is to make sure you take some counter magic scrolls with you. Don't use them at the beginning of the fight, but once you think he is close to death then you can start using them. That way if he does do two quick successive attacks your CM will block the first one.

Naturally Advance Spirit and Immune to Harm are both beneficial in this fight as well.

-Kantor

ZenSworD said...

Thanks for the info Kan :P I guess Kinshi will make good use of them :D for my part, I have no problem with Giant Worm, 862 hp :) hehe