Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Season 3, Episode 1 - The new classes

I should have done this post a long time ago :P but today I have enough time to do it! I think we had the new content for about 2 months now and so far, it's been fun and entertaining. So in this new season, we get 2 more character slots available for the 2 new classes: Illusionist and Dragon Knight. I played both on test server. There was a lvlup NPC in gludin that would take us to 60 and would also give nice items with every Illu/DK spells and buffs :) I had to read the fonctions of all those new abilities in the help tab. I can't hardly tell which class is better, I think they are both strong but I'm disapointed with the awakenening dragon thing of DK, I really thought it would be much better and those illusion buffs on Illusionist are very nice but they only last 30 freaking seconds -.- The new classes aren't better than the ones we already had, they are simply different! I created a Str/Int Dragon Knight and a Wis/Int Illusionist on Ken. I wonder how I will handle 5 chars x.x but at least, lvling is easier than it used to be. This is my Dragon Knight, nammed Surgeroth!



The reason I went Str/Int is simple, Dragon Knight is similar to Dark Elf if we consider they have around same AC and HP and they can buff themselves but DK also have few attack spells such as Fear (reduce oponent's ER), Guard Break (-15 AC on the target) and Horror of Death (-5 Str, - 5 Int) Those new spells are very usefull for pvp and bosses but their effectiveness is based on Int so it explains my choice ;) Since DK and Illu can't wear Hom:p and Hom:s, I added to 18 Str base for the +3 Dmg and +3 Hit bonus so I can kill fast enough in close combat. I will add to Int at lvl 51+. As sword, I decided to go with Thebes two handed sword. The base stats on it are: 21/26 +5 hit bonus, +1 Str, +2 Con and can cast Devil's Kiss spell. The proc's damage is also based on Int so I think it's the sword that fits the most with my build. I recently bought this guarder to use along with my 2hs :)

Another easy Dmg and Hit bonus! So my plans are to level this DK to 52 or higher, I want at least -70 AC with buffs and +9 Thebes 2hs :P

About my Illusionist, well he is now lvl 46 with 3/4 of the spells. I'm waiting to buy the last ones because I know the price on memory crystals will go down a lot in few weeks. I would like to introduce you Astedius :)



I had a hard time choosing the stats for my Illu, there are so many combinations! I know 75% of the peoples went full Str but I already have 2 damage dealers and I heard about this new weapon called Kiringku so I thought I could give it a try. Kiringkus are using a spell to attack so in other words, their damage is Int based. Except for Illusion: Avatar (+10 damage to any type of weaps) there are no other +dmg spell/buff that will make you hit harder with a Kiringku. Since it's a magic weapon, it will NEVER miss or break. It's doing good on regular mops but it sucks on bosses because they got higher magic resistance. It's just a matter of time untill I got more Int =) I am still not sure if it was a good decision but I added some points to Wisdom for the mp reggain and MR. I am always choosing my stats considering I will pvp later so with items, my Illu should have + - 150% MR at lvl 56 o.o I love most of the Illu buffs such as: Concentration (+2 mana reggain), Patience (+2 damage reduction), Insight (+1 to all stats) they are very usefull in party hunts! By completing lvl 30 quest, we would obtain memory crystal: Shock and also a Spellbook of Illusionist. It is a shield with -2 AC base and safe to +6 with some bonus on it, I tried my luck on one and made it +8 =D

I could be using my +9 Elven Shield but I thought 20 hp/mp and +1 Wisdom would be more usefull than just 1 more AC :P I guess Illusionist could be a good tank but it is also a very good support class. I will surely keep playing this char untill lvl 52+. My goal is to own a +9 Obsidian Kiringku or a +8 Sapphire Kiringku (lvl 50 quest reward) and at least -80 AC with buffs. I honestly think NC did a good move when adding those 2 classes to game!

No comments: